For teachers, we offer our great Mixling Lesson Plans, covering these great topics to enhance your classroom experience:
- Lesson Plan about famous people in history, for whom our characters were named, and cover science, math, literature and social studies:
- Emerson (Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, lecturer, philosopher, and poet who led the transcendentalist movement)
- Cicero (the Roman orator)
- Mendel, the father of modern genetics
- Pythagoras, Greek philosopher and founder of Pythagoreanism
- Lesson Plan about the Pacific Northwest, where our story is told, and teach about the Okanogan-Wenatchee Forest
- Lesson Plan about the animals in the book (and the hybrid Mixlings they became):
- Ferret, Porcupine, Beaver
- Flying Squirrel, Skunk
- Armadillo, Raccoon
- Lesson Plan about the importance of trees and forests in the environment.
- Lesson Plan about staying true to yourself, no matter what you look like on the ‘outside’ and that your personality is what counts.
For more info, please contact us below right now! We’ll answer promptly!